The other night (at about 1am) there was a loud CRACK!!!!! It freaked me out. I couldn't figure out what it was. Once I realized that no one had broken into the house to murder us, and I got my heart rate under control, I went back to bed.
Turns out my bathroom mirror had popped off the wall. It's shocking it didn't break. It snagged on my medicine cabinet, hanging on the counter by millimeters.
Further investigation revealed that the reason the mirror detached was because the counter and cabinet were never attached/ had separated from the wall. As that had been bearing the weight of the mirror... boom.
So much fun! (not really, ha!)
2. Not working on my main computer brings me to my next point: I love cloud syncing. Seriously, how did I ever live without it?
3. I shared this with Facebook yesterday. I thought it was funny.
Me at Starbucks:
Me: With soy, please.
Dude: Do you want whipped cream?
Me: No. No milk.
Dude: Whipped cream isn't milk.
4. I've questioned myself how in years past I've had the ability to write and edit (several passes) up to three books in a year. It seems like the last few years have been agonizingly slow. Last year I managed an edit one book and completed another.
This year... well, let's just say I'm willing to meet in the middle. My resolution as far as work goes is to stay off the internet because it's a BIG FAT TIME SUCK. I have the worst self-control when it comes to all thing internet related.
5. Resolutions for 2015
I always pick a word that best incorporates the change I'd like to see in my life. This year that word is: FOCUS.
And because I'm in a sharing mood, here's my complete list of resolutions:
- Celebrate all my achievements (no matter how small).
- Speak kinder to myself.
- Keep and "Awesome Journal."
- Praise myself (visualize what I did right).
- Offer PEACE to myself.
Reading between the lines it's pretty apparent I'm a perfectionist who only focuses on improving/what I can do better next time. This year I want to try something different. :)