1. It's been hard to think in terms of a blog this week. Today I came home from walking the kids to the bus stop, got back into my pjs and back into my bed. *yawn*
2. I'm editing. Which means in Heather-speak: I'm cranky, overwhelmed, exhausted... and cautiously happy with where this book is going.
3. I've completely given up on that stupid desktop. It's dead. I need to accept it. Humph.
4. I tried something new with my edit this time. I wanted to read through my draft before I started tinkering. That didn't work out so well. I made it halfway. There are so many scenes that I need to completely rewrite, that I began to wonder if there was any purpose to rereading the last half. I'll end up changing it anyway. *snort* So I gave up, and now I'm officially tinkering.
5. During editing breaks I'm reading photography books. Partly because reading fiction is impossible when I'm in this state of mind. And it also doesn't hurt to get some photography tips! I started with a book that came highly recommended. At first, I didn't understand why people liked it. I think he does a terrible job describing the exposure triangle. Not to mention that his pictures are awful. Seriously, I kept thinking (1) this is supposed to be a famous photographer, huh?, and (2) why would I want to take pictures like him?!
Thankfully, I pushed through it. Because yesterday I had one of those epiphany moments. I can't wait to see how it plays in my photographs from here on out. Now, of course, I'll have to finish the book. I can't let any other gems get away.