[God, that's a long first sentence. Shows how bouncy and convoluted my mind is at present.]
Everyone left me. My husband is gone. My friends are either on vacation, moving, or otherwise busy. My mom wasn't available...
That's not a sobby point. It's only to say, no one was around this week to talk to me. Therefore, I had to entertain myself and I wrote 20K words of a brand new book. Like. A. Beast.
[I should have been editing my other book. la.. la... la...]
It makes me wonder how much work I could accomplish without other distractions. Like, say, Twitter, Facebook and Google Reader.
[That was a crazy thought. I'll never leave you, social media! xoxoxoxo]
Not in order of importance, the things that are taking up my head space:
- How to get ink off my brand new leather couch. My almost seven-year-old thought would make a beautiful canvas. I've used everything I could think of.
- Pack for Korea? Probably should do the laundry first.
- Then if I do laundry, I have to fold the damn stuff.
- Speaking of laundry, where did all the kids underwear and socks go? Seriously. How can they freaking disappear?!
- Crap -- need to get my passports stamped so I can come back into Japan. That might be nice.
- This book won't let go of my mind! I need to finish it. My brain will focus on little else.
- Figure out what I'm going to do with said book when I'm done. Because I'm thinking my path is going to be a little different than I assumed.
- I ordered a camera strap from a Japanese dude who speaks no English. He makes these beautiful custom straps -- they are to die for. He called me to come pick it up at his shop. A shop that I spent close to six hours in a car trying to find. Now we're playing phone tag in broken English (his part) and rudimentary Japanese (my part). It's been an experience.