A short note, as it’s 1:30 AM and I’m off to bed…
I started a rewrite a week an a half ago. It took me about three days to outline my revision. So, in actuality, I started exactly a week ago.
At this point I’m not even to the midway point. I’m only about a quarter done.
I was becoming discouraged because it’s taking me forever. I mean, I’m usually much faster than this. Until I realized something…
When I started, I cut about 10K words straight off the top. Then another 20K I rearranged into different areas of the novel. Just now when I looked, I’m up to my original word count.
Which means I’ve written 10K in a week. I feel better now.
I’m celebrating by going to sleep.